You are required to complete three units of work, one from group a), one from group b) and a third from either group. Both groups provide a variety of topics from Medieval, Early Modern and Later Modern periods.
Group a) Historical Study: Scottish and British
A range of important themes of Scottish and British history are included in the options available .
- Wallace, Bruce and the Wars of Independence, 1286 -1328
- Immigrants and Exiles: Scotland 1830s - 1930s
- A Time of Troubles: Ireland 1900 - 1923.
- Group b) Historical Study: European and World
A range of important themes of European and World history are included in the options available.
- The Norman Conquest 1060 – 1153
- Citizens! The French Revolution 1789 – 1794
- In the Shadow of the Bomb: The Cold War 1945 – 1985.
- Int.1 (SCQF 4) Problem Solving (Critical Thinking)