The course is made up of three compulsory units (each 40 hours) and another 40 hours of flexible time.
Psychology: Understanding the Individual
In this unit you are introduced to three of the six key areas:
- developmental psychology - by studying the development of the self-concept
- cognitive psychology - by studying cognition and learning
- physiological psychology - by studying motivation.
You will study two topics - self-concept and learning theories - from the above key areas.
Psychology: Investigating Behaviour
In this unit you are introduced to basic research methods and practical research skills (one of the six key areas). You will plan and carry out research using different methods and report your findings in a research portfolio.
Psychology: The Individual in the Social Context
In this unit you are introduced to two key areas:
- psychology of individual differences - by studying personality
- social psychology - by studying the following topics:
- group processes
- non-verbal communication
- Int 1 (SCQF 4) Problem Solving